Eggs are a great source of protein, making them a wonderful dish to have for breakfast. Scrambled eggs with some butter or coconut oil and a dash of salt is just fine, but adding a little bit extra makes the dish sensational. When I was little my mom would make me scrambled eggs with some leftover steamed cauliflower which is so delicious. But I never thought of anything else, apart from chives going into it, until I went to Trinidad to visit my very close friend. Her mother made me Perico, a Venezuelan scrambled egg dish and that dish which is delicious inspired me to make this dish.
This scrambled egg dish, that you will soon learn to make, is a great way to get some veggies into your tummy. The flavours meld together and elevate the scrambled eggs – so delicious!
If you try out this recipe let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #holistickenko on Instagram! Have a wonderfully positive day everyone!
Tuscan Scrambled Eggs
- Place a frying pan over medium heat, add the butter or coconut oil.
- Once it is melted add in the shallots and sprinkle some salt over them. Let them saute until they are slightly translucent.
- Add in the tomatoes and the spinach and/or kale and let them cook down.
- In a bowl crack in the eggs and whisk them. Combine the pepper and Parmigiano Reggiano. Once the tomato and kale have cooked down add in the eggs.
- Stir once in a while, don’t let it the eggs stick to the bottom of the pan. Depending on how you like them, soft or well done, don’t go too far from the eggs.
- Once done to your liking turn off the heat and add in the basil. More salt if you need it. Serve as is, or on a spelt wrap or sourdough toast.