Turmeric is a fantastic spice, that brings a beautiful and vibrant colour to dishes as well as a wonderful taste. Turmeric constituent curcumin provides a powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and immune boosting punch. Adding turmeric into your diet can make a world of a difference for your digestive system, skin and immune system. To learn more about the benefits of curcumin and turmeric read our benefits and nutrition post.
I’ve been making this turmeric tonic to have first thing in the morning and throughout the day, mainly after I eat, as a great anti-inflammatory super drink. I am doing my best to reverse/minimize my scoliosis, sciatica and minimal spinal degeneration. So far so good, and my sciatica is getting a bit better.
Essential turmeric oil and curcumin are great at minimizing pain within the body and inflammation and swelling of joints. IL-10 is an anti-inflammatory gene, that is made less effective by the presence of inflammatory diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporosis and Lupus (which are all forms of Arthritis), supplementation of curcumin has been shown to increase its effect. The combined supplementation of ETO and curcumin has been shown to make this gene even more effective at reducing inflammation, particularly in joints and within the digestive system.
If you are dealing with inflammation, have joint pain or bad digestion this tonic is a great thing to give a try. The star is turmeric, but the other ingredients are also amazing. Fresh ginger, lemons, propolis and freshly ground pepper. To get the full benefits of curcumin, it is important to have a fat accompanying it. Although black pepper does aid in processing curcumin thought the liver, it is the presence of fat that aids in absorbing curcumin through the intestinal tract and into the body.
Turmeric TonicPin Rate
- 8-10 fingerlings turmeric
- 1 large ginger size of your palm
- 6-8 lemons
- 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1 -2 tbsp propolis honey
- 1-2 cups filtered water
- Using a juicer, juice the turmeric, ginger and lemons. I like to run a bit of water through the juicer to at the end to clean it out and to gather up any leftover juice.
- In a cup of warm water add the propolis honey and let it dissolve a little. add in the black pepper
- Combine both the honey pepper water and the juice into a glass jar.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week. Shake well before drinking.