Sometimes the morning can be so busy that there is no time to sit down and eat your breakfast. However, if you can multi-task throwing something quick and delicious together can be easy and will fuel you up for the day ahead. I had days where I would have to be out the door at 5:45 in the morning. I’d get up, do yoga take the dog out but I wouldn’t be hungry. Making myself breakfast to go that I could possibly eat in the car, on the train or at work, later on, was important because otherwise, my energy levels would slump and if I ended up getting busy I would forget to eat and that wasn’t good for my body or mental health.
I love eggs, they are so versatile and a fantastic complete protein source. Moreover, they are good at keeping you full and won’t let your blood sugar crash come noon.
Spicy Scrambled Eggs
- 2 eggs free range
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 anaheim pepper it’s not too spicy, but it gives a nice kick to the eggs. It usually has a Scoville Heat Index of 1,000 -5,000 (think mine might have been 5,000)
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Add the avocado oil to a pan, heat.
- Add peppers and tomatoes (peppers cut into thin slices, tomatoes left as a whole, or cut in half).
- Reduce heat and cover, let them sweat it out for a while.
- Once the peppers have a slight brown colour and the tomatoes have started to slightly break add in the eggs (whisk them together with the salt and pepper prior to adding them to the pan).
- Cook to your preferred consistency and add into the jar.
- Even if you add them in when they are slightly under-cooked, the close heated proximity of the jar should allow them to finish cooking up nicely.
- Now rush off to work and enjoy a meal filled with complete protein, good fats and nutrients and carbs from fresh tomatoes and peppers.