Quinoa is an amazingly versatile seed and being high in protein makes it a perfect meal or snack. This is my favourite quinoa salads and such an easy quinoa recipe, sometimes the ingredients change depending on what is fresh in the fridge but for the most part, this is the staple. This quinoa salad is a great source of fibre, it helps keep you feeling full and won’t result in a blood sugar crash and made even better with this anti-inflammatory healthy salad dressing.
- 3 cups cooked mixed organic quinoa wash it before you cook it
- Fruit from one pomegranate
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 cup parsley chopped finely
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 cup red cabbage finely diced
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked adzuki beans
- Let both the chickpeas and adzuki beans soak in water for an hour, overnight is best.
- Cook both the beans for about an hour, until they are soft and tender.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all your ingredients. You want an even size between all the ingredients that you add so that with every bite you can taste all of this salads deliciousness!
- The dressing below can be added right away or as you eat the salad. The salad can be stored in the fridge for a few days 2-3. Pistachios can also be left out until the salad is ready to be eaten to keep them nice and crunchy – otherwise, as they sit in the salad they will soak up moisture and become soft.