Snacking healthy is a great way to bring in the New Year on a positive note. This Paleo cracker recipe is delicious and pairs wonderfully with a zucchini hummus. Providing the body with nutrient dense wholesome foods will leave you feeling more energetic and vibrant.
These crackers are not only tasty and crunchy they are also packed with superfoods, like parsley, garlic, chia and flax. Parsley is high in vitamin C, it aids in detoxification and boosts liver function, garlic boosts the immune system, benefiting the liver as well as the pancreas. Chia and flax are wonderful sources of omega 3, fibre and antioxidants.
These crackers have an amazing benefit for the digestive system, aiding in regular waste removal and peristalsis. They satiate hunger and provide a good amount of nutrients.
When I make homemade almond mylk, I like to save the almond pulp and make crackers or energy balls with it. Making your own almond mylk at home is a great way stay away from artificial sweeteners, flavours and preservatives, plus you can make a whole bunch of delicious sweets.
These paleo crackers will be your go to gluten-free snack, whether you eat it with vegan cashew cheese, tuna salad or peanut butter. If you try out this recipe let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #holistickenko on instagram! Have a wonderfully positive day everyone!
- In a food processor add in 1 cup of flax seeds, the water and olive oil. Let the flax seeds soak for 20 minutes or more to soften up. Once the time has past add in the garlic cloves, parsley and rosemary. Blend until a well incorporated and smooth paste is formed.
- In a mixing bowl add in the dry almond meal, salt, chia seeds, sunflower seeds and the rest of the flax seeds as well as the salt and nutritional yeast. Blend well.
- Combine the paste into the dry ingredients. Form a dough. Divide the dough into smaller pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Place small pieces of dough between two pieces of parchment paper, flatten out with a rolling pin into a rectangular shape (or a shape that will fit a baking sheet).
- Transfer the flattened dough onto the baking sheet. Score the dough into squares. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. Flip the crackers 20 minutes in and continue to bake. If they need a little more time to get crispy leave them in the oven (each oven is different). Repeat until all the dough is done.
- Cool the crackers before serving, store at room temperature or in the fridge. Enjoy.