A homemade lavender foot soak is carried out using lavender oil and Epsom salt. This process of foot soak is done before using a foot scrub, which helps in making your feet soft and aids in removing calluses. These steps can be made a part of a pampering pedicure or a nightly routine. There are various types of homemade lavender foot soaks.
Lavender and Peppermint Foot Scrub
- 1 cup coarse salt or Epsom salt, Sea salt, Sugar
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint oil
- 1/2 cup almond oil or coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp dried lavender flowers
- 2-3 tsp Vitamin E oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- All the above-mentioned ingredients can be mixed well in a glass jar and stored in a dark place for later use.
- In order to apply this foot scrub, one tablespoon of foot scrub is required per foot.
- Make sure that you massage the foot scrub properly all over the foot, paying special attention to the dry and cracked areas. There can be a tingling sensation due to the presence of peppermint oil on the foot.
- Once the massage is done you can rinse lightly to remove the residue and then pat your feet dry. It is advisable to apply this foot scrub before you go off to sleep at night. Later wear soft socks, this will provide a cooling effect to your feet while you will sleep. It will rejuvenate your entire body after a long tiring day.
Lavender and Peppermint Foot Soak
The combination of lavender and peppermint forms an awesome foot soaks as lavender provides relaxation while peppermint energizes the feet. Thus, the combination forms a perfect foot soak for your feet. The steps of this foot soak are:
- Collect some hot water in a deep tub, make sure that the water is not too hot to burn your feet.
- Now pour 3 drops each of lavender oil and peppermint oil in the hot water.
- Mix some salt also to the water and stir them well with the help of a wooden spoon.
- Now place your feet in this tub for 15-20 minutes for 15-20 and enjoy the rejuvenation of your feet.