A homemade lavender foot soak is carried out using lavender oil and Epsom sea salt. This process of foot soak is done before using a foot scrub, which helps in making your feet soft and aids in removing calluses. These steps can be made a part of a pampering pedicure or a nightly routine. There are various types homemade lavender foot soaks. Some of them are mentioned below:
Lavender Oil with Epsom Salt
1/2 – 1 cup of Epsom Salts
5-10 drops of lavender essential oil
1 tbsp almond oil
The steps of this foot soak are:
- Pour some warm water in a big bowl which can accommodate your both feet.
- Combine a few drops of pure lavender essential oil with almond oil and Epsom salt or dead sea salt.
- Soak your feet for at least 15-20 minutes. The presence of Epsom salt is helpful in aches caused by arthritis and also reduces the swelling caused by sprains as well. The oil of lavender calms the nerves and feet with a lovely aroma and rejuvenates skin too, whereas the almond oil aids in moisturizing your feet.
Lavender Oil with Milk
Use of milk along with the lavender oil is helpful in softening the corns and calluses. The steps of this type of foot soak are:
- Pour 7 cups of warm water in a big bowl and add 2 cups of whole milk.
- Later add 4-6 drops of lavender essential oil to prepare a perfect foot soak.
- Soak your feet in this solution for nearly 15-20 minutes. The lactic acid present in milk is helpful in softening up the rough skin and also soothes blisters and other sore areas present on the foot.
Using Fresh Lavender
Fresh lavender is my favourite, it grows in our garden during the spring and summer and I use it in everything from personal care to drinks and baking the tiny purple flowers into cookies. The steps of fresh lavender for a foot soak, the steps are:
- 3-5 fresh lavender sprigs must be cut, this includes the flowers and leaves, both the parts contain essential oil of the plant.
- These finely cut leaves and flowers of the fresh lavender sprigs must be poured in a bowl of hot water for 15-20 minutes.
- Later transfer this mixture into a big bowl and add some more water so that your feet a properly covered. In case water is too hot then wait for it to cool down rather than adding cold water. This is because the addition of cold water in excess will infuse the quantity of lavender.
- Soak your feet for 15-20 minutes, till the time water cools.
Lavender and Peppermint Foot Soak
The combination of lavender and peppermint forms an awesome foot soaks as lavender provides relaxation while peppermint energizes the feet. Thus, the combination forms a perfect foot soak for your feet. The steps of this foot soak are:
- Collect some hot water in a deep tub, make sure that the water is not too hot to burn your feet.
- Now pour 3 drops each of lavender oil and peppermint oil in the hot water.
- Mix some salt also to the water and stir them well with the help of a wooden spoon.
- Now place your feet in this tub for 15-20 minutes for 15-20 and enjoy the rejuvenation of your feet.
Lavender & Peppermint Foot Scrub
Once you have finished soaking your feet, the next step is to scrub your feet. The homemade foot scrub of Lavender and Peppermint is very helpful in rejuvenating your body perfectly. The steps of preparing this foot scrub are:
Ingredients of Foot Scrub:
- 1 cup or 225 grams of Coarse Kosher salt, Epsom salt, Sea salt or Sugar (select any one of these)
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- ½ cup or 120 ml of olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil and almond oil (select any one of these)
Some Optional Ingredients:
- Dried lavender flowers: 1-2 tablespoons
- Vitamin E oil: 2-3 teaspoons (helps in nourishing the cracked heels)
- Honey can be used for a smooth skin
All the above-mentioned ingredients can be mixed well in a glass jar and stored in a dark place for later use. In order to apply this foot scrub, one tablespoon of foot scrub is required per foot. Make sure that you massage the foot scrub properly all over the foot, paying special attention to the dry and cracked areas. There can be a tingling sensation due to the presence of peppermint oil on the foot. Once the massage is done you can rinse lightly to remove the residue and then pat your feet dry. It is advisable to apply this foot scrub before you go off to sleep at night. Later wear soft socks, this will provide a cooling effect to your feet while you will sleep. It will rejuvenate your entire body after a long tiring day.
Lavender and Lemon Foot Massage
In order to carry out this massage, you need the following ingredients:
- Olive oil: 4 tea spoons
- Lavender oil: 4 drops
- Lemon oil: 3 drops
- Juniper oil: 3 drops
Mix well all the above-mentioned ingredients and massage your feet with this prepared solution. You must begin your massage from the toes and mover towards the ankles. Massage the feet in circular motion and concentrate on the strokes which you apply on the ball of the foot and around the ankles. You must finish the massage by dabbing the moisturizer of lavender lotion which will make your feet more moist and soft.