If you are looking for a warming, flavourful and easy soup to make look no further. Cream soupsare my favourite, mainly becauseof the ease there is in making them. Throw stuff in a pot and blend it up and the meal is ready for breakfast, lunch or dinner – heck even a snack.
This soup is immune boosting, heart protectiveand cancer-fighting. A great source of antioxidants, phytonutrients, manganese, Vitamin C, K, B6 and Folate. It is also very versatile. Although I did it with white cauliflower, it can be done with purple or yellow as well.
SOUP & STEWS
Creamy Cauliflower & Roasted Garlic Soup
1 organic cauliflower head
1 bulb of organic garlic
4 cups of vegetable stock or bone broth
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1 tbsp of mascarpone
1 cup Bagettepieces
1-2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tspof dried oregano
1tsp of dried tarragon
pinch of salt and pepper
- Le the oven preheat at350F. Cut off the top of the garlic bulb exposing a bit of each of the cloves. Place the clove ontoaluminumfoil. Add the olive oil over top and gentle and firmly close the aluminum foil around the bulb.
- Place the covered bulb on a trap and into the oven and let it bake for between 35-40 minutes.
- Place the stock and cauliflower into a pot 20 minutes into the garlic baking. Bring the stock to a gentle boil over medium and turn the temperature onto low medium and let the cauliflower cook for 15-20 minutes. You want the stock of the cauliflower to be soft enough to be smushed by a fork. Turn off the heat.
- Take the garlic out of the oven and let it set for 5 minutes to cool.
- Using a spoon or knife press down on the garlic and press out the roasted, soft cloves. They should be a lovely golden caramelly colour.
- Add the garlic to the soup. If you wish to add mascarpone do it at this point as well. Add the salt and pepper, if you need more you can always add some afterwards. Blend all the ingredients together with a hand blenderor in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Serve as is, with parsley, or toasted bread pieces.
If you don’t have to much time on your hands, this is a great soup to throw together quickly, especially if you are also baking something in the oven at the same time. The toast pieces add a great difference of texture, though if you would prefer to keep it gluten free, you can always add in the chopped parsley and some chopped up toasted and seasonedwalnuts of peanuts.
Adding some extra cracked pepper over top before serving is also a great way to add a bit of texture and a spicy flavour punch to the soup. Black Pepper is fantastic for maintaining proper digestion, it also aids in improving brain functionand is a powerful antioxidant.
This is a phenomenalsoup to make for any season and it can be made vegan and paleo friendly.