A lot of on the go snacks on the market are rather quite healthy, but even still, there is no better place to control the ingredients then in your own kitchen and for half the cost (if even that much).
These are absolutely delicious, they are my favorite by far, Cherry Chocolate Bliss Balls help to power you up as well as cleanse you out. Filled with antioxidant goodness they are beyond a doubt sensational and they power a punch. They are quite strong so I will say it now (and again later on) if you are going to have more than two a day, cut back on the maca. If you are new to maca cut back on the maca…it is super powerful stuff.
Dandy Blend is a herbal combination and coffee alternative! The combination of the Barely and Rye Extract, as well as the herbs chicory and dandelion root, create a phenomenal taste but also pack a punch when it comes to liver health and cleansing the body. The liver is one of the most important organs in the body, it has a lot to deal with, one of its jobs being to cleanse the body of toxins. If it’s lagging behind or not working optimally detoxification takes a back seat and we may start to not feel our best. The worst is when we haven’t been feeling our best for a long time, sometimes we think it’s a normal feeling – it’s not. Cleansing the body with herbs, when done correctly can be very easy and healing. The Dandy blend is such a way!
Cherry Chocolate Bliss Balls
- 1/4 cup almonds finely ground – or almond meal
- 2 tbsp dandy blend
- 4 tbsp Organic cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp gelatinized maca
- 1 pack Cordyceps
- 1/2 cup dark cherries chopped, unsulphered, no added sugar
- 1/2 cup organic chocolate chopped/chips
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 10 dates soaked
- 1 tbsp date water
- Pinch himalayan salt generous
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl; ground almond, dandy blend, cacao, maca, cordyceps, salt. Also, add the cherries and chocolate.
- Place dates in a bowl. Pour boiling water over the dates to soften them up a bit. Once they are soft drain water but leave at least 1 tbsp of the water behind.
- Measure out 1/2 of almond butter and add 2 tbsp of maple syrup to it.
- Add the dates and the almond butter and maple syrup mixture to the dry ingredients. Incorporate well.
- Form into 18-20 balls. You can let the mixture cool, or with wet clean hands form the mixture into balls.
Maca is a wonderful superfood, it isn’t a herb or a supplement. In Peru, to this day people consume maca on a daily bases and at a high amount. When you are new to maca, or even getting back on to it, it is important to start with a low dose, as some people have felt nervous energy or heart palpitations from consuming a high dosage.
I personally place 2tbsp into these bliss balls and make between 18-20 balls. I don’t eat all these balls at once (though they are wonderfully good. I start with one if I am feeling energized I stop there. I take no more than 2. If you are just starting off with maca I would recommend 1 tbsp and a maximum daily serving of 2 balls. If you plan on eating more than 2, cut the amount down to 1-2 tsp.
To make up for less maca, add an extra tbsp of cacao!
Amanda Filipowicz is a certified nutritional practitioner (CNP) with a bachelor in environmental studies (BES) from York University. She also has certification in clinical detoxification, prenatal and postnatal care as well as nutrition for mental health. She has been working as a nutritionist since 2013 and is a lifelong proponent of eating healthy.